Top 15 Brain Foods: Packed With Vitamins For Brain
Research has shown that eating the right foods can enhance mental capabilities. Some foods are more beneficial, nutritious and full of vitamins for brain, than others. If you want to improve your memory, concentration, motor skills, defuse stress, enhance your mood, keep your brain healthy and young into old age, include the following super foods for brain to your diet. They are packed with vitamins for brain, besides that they are also delicious and affordable, so ad them to you shopping list and keep them in mind when preparing your next meal.
1. Blueberries are known as one of the best brain foods. They are rich in antioxidants that help to prevent damage to the brain done by the free radicals. Research also shows that blueberries can improve memory, reverse age related decline in balance and coordination. They are well known for improving motor skills and learning capacity. Other berries are also full of antioxidants and good for the brain.
2. Fish are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that are important building block of the brain membranes. They help in development of brain tissue and increasing brain power, improve memory and intelligence, provide more oxygen to the brain, protect the brain from inflammation and help to fight Alzheimer’s disease. Salmon, tuna and herring are one of the richest fish in Omega-3 fatty acids so ad them to your menu at least few times per weak.
3. Nuts: All the nuts are good for your brain and full of nutrients and vitamins for brain. They are rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, folates and vitamins for brain such as vitamin E and vitamin B6. These nutrients help to improve mental clarity and have some anti depressive effects. They can help to fight insomnia, improve mental clarity and boost your mood. Walnuts are also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, one of the most important nutrients for brain.
4. Seeds: Like the nuts, all the seeds are good for you brain. They are a great source of vitamin E that has been proven to improve memory. Like the nuts they are also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, folates and other vitamins for brain, that help to improve mental clarity. Flax seeds are among the most important seeds for the brain, that help to keep the brain sharp and vital. Sunflower seeds are high in thiamine – B vitamin that improves memory and cognitive functions, and tryptophan- amino acid that relieves mild depression.
5. Whole grains are rich in fiber, vitamins for brain such as vitamin B6, folates and contain some Omega-3 fatty acids. They increase blood flow to the brain, improve brain function and memory. You can ad them to your diet in different forms, from whole grain bread and pasta to brown rice, barley, bran and oatmeal.
6. Dark chocolate is an excellent brain food and for many the most delicious on this list. It is made of cocoa beans that are full of strong antioxidants such as flavanols, that have been proven to increase blood flow to the brain and improve memory, focus, concentration and reaction time. The best chocolate is the one with at least 70% of cocoa, so treat yourself with a piece or two of dark chocolate per day.
7. Avocado is a super food full of healthy fats, antioxidants and amino acids that invigorate blood flow to the brain, keep the brain functions sharp, reduce blood pressure and inflammation. You can ad avocado to salads, put them on a sandwich or sauces. Try to fit in at least a quarter to a half of an avocado per day to your meals.
8. Eggs are rich in proteins, vitamin for brain such as A, D, E, B-vitamins and lecithin. They help in development of new brain cells and fight against age related brain shrinkage that is often seen in Alzheimer’s disease. Egg yolks are rich in choline, a nutrient that improves memory. On the other hand, egg yolks are also high in cholesterol, so limit their consumption to a few per week.
9. Leafy green vegetables are full of vitamins for brain such as B6, B12 and folate that help to improve memory. They are also rich in iron that boosts cognitive function, so ad the vegetables such as spinach, cabbage and kale to your menu daily.
10. Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables that improves memory, slows down aging process and keeps your brain young.
11. Curry is a spicy dish full of antioxidants that help to fight against aging processes in the brain and maintain cognitive function. It also helps with diabetes and heart disease.
12. Oysters are rich in zinc and iron. Research show that oysters can keep your mind sharp, improve memory, focus and concentration.
13. Sage is known to improve memory. You can ad it to your diet as an elemental oil or fresh.
14. Coffee is a delicious drink full of antioxidants. It helps to fight fatigue and improve alertness. Coffee can also help to reduce the risk some mental disorders like Alzheimer’s disease. Try to make an every day ritual of drinking coffee, that will help you alert and healthy, but do not exaggerate – around three per day are enough.
15. Green tea is full of catechins that are good for keeping your mind fresh and sharp. It helps to fight fatigue and is full of antioxidants that fight free radicals. Try to drink around four cups of green tea per day to get the full health benefits of it.
Other foods such as tomatoes, grapefruits, pomegranate juice, beans and others are also full of nutrients and vitamins for brain and have beneficial effects on the brain.
Not only they are healthy, the foods listed above are also delicious, so include them to your meals as often as possible. The secret to the brain improvement lies in the regular and balanced consumption of all the healthy foods, so you can get the nutrients and vitamins for brain from different sources. With all the super ingredients listed above you can prepare diverse and balanced meals that will keep you healthy on long term.